Camp Racchu's Den, Sankri
The camp is a perfect stop to rekindle your love affair with the mountains. Flanked by apple orchards on its terrace farms & gigantic Himalayan ranges right in the front, this is just the place to be in tune with nature. Share a mystical morning with a sunrise walk, as the valley begins to unleash its magic. With all basic comforts the campsite is a perfect base for those who wish to undertake adventure activities in Sankri. An ideal base for lodge/camp based trekking, Sankri has several half day trek options as well. Celebrated for treks like Har Ki Dun, Bali Pass, Rupin Pass & Kedarkantha Trek, Sankri is a paradise for the trekking community. With the insurmountable Swargarohini peak adorning the backdrop, this village offers a complete sensory blend. Explore the lovely nature trails in walks around the campsite which will come alive with vast mustard fields. A walk by the bridge next to the lodge, will take you past the cosy pastoral houses of ever smiling locals. Camp Racchu’s Den is a great base for Active Vacations, with several spots for rock & rope activities, stream walk, river rafting, swimming in the natural pools, birding & much more. The campsite offers Swiss Tent accommodation with attached washrooms &alpine tents with common washrooms along with all basic creature comforts. With open areas for sit outs in nature & a bonfire area, right outside the kitchen is a boon on a starry night. So come, experience an active vacation at Camp Racchu’s Den in Sankri.
- 8 Standard Tents with attached washroom. Alpine Tents are also available with common washrooms. The tents are furnished with double/ single beds, comfortable bedding & quilts & basic lighting facilities.
- Hot multi-cuisine meals served buffet style apart from morning and evening Tea/Coffee with Cookies
- Large dining area with kitchen serving hot & fresh home – cooked food.
- The lush green (or snow covered in winters) Himalayan giants greet you right outside your tent. Flanked by apple orchards on its terrace farms, the Sankri village is a cultural sight.
- There are a number of ancient beautiful temples that dot this region like the PokhuDevta Temple, Hanol Temple, etc.
- Open relaxation/ sit out areas with wonderful views.
- Barbecue, Bonfire & light music in the evenings.
- 24 x 7 Electricity back up.
- Bird Watching
- Village Visits - Sankri & Saud Village
- Cultural Exploration
- Temple Visits - Hanol&PokhuDevta
- Guided Sunset Hike
- Team Building activities and fun games
- Day Picnic with special menu
- Bonfire with light music
- Rafting on River Tons
- Rock & Rope Activities
- Trek - Har Ki Dun &Kedarkantha.
* All activities are on piror booking and subject to required group size
To reach Sankri, if you are driving from Dehradun, the first milestone isPurola. From Purola you drive ahead to Mori. From Mori, take the road that goes to Sankri, in a drive of 50 Kms. The road going to Mori market will lead to Netwar road. From Netwar the straight road from the diversion, leads to Sankri. Netwar to Sankri is a 15 Km long drive. The Campsite is located at about 100 m from the Sankri main market.
- For travel to the camp, a combination of train/air and road travel is recommended.
- The closest railway station to the camp is Haridwar and there are a number of trains that connect to Haridwar from all over the country.
- For train details, you could log on to indianrail.gov.in
- For online railway ticket bookings you could log on to irctc.co.in.
- For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (at Dehradun) and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways etc.
- If you require assistance in booking, do get in touch with us.
- From Haridwar/Dehradun/Delhi, we could organise a vehicle for you that would remain with you throughout your trip.
- Distance from nearest Airport: approx 205 kms (Dehradun airport jolly grant)
- Distance from nearest Railway Station: Approx 187 kms (Dehradun)
Breakfast + Dinner
Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner
|Child (5-11 yrs.)||Rs.850||Rs.1075||Rs.1475|
We primarily serve fixed meals in our lodges & camps with the following rates:
|Buffet Meals||Rate per person/Meal|
We have a limited à la carte menu (for spot orders) in our properties. Any meals with dietary restrictions can be prepared with advance notice.
Swiss TentsRead More
- 8 Swiss Tents
- Large Dining Area
- Large Open area - Sit Out
- Bonfire at Night
- Electricity in Tents
- Dedicated Team for activity & sightseeing