Room on the Roof
Looking down the plunging Doon valley at the Lego-like village homes in the distance might make you feel like Goliath for a second. But as soon as you turn the gaze upwards, mighty Himalayan ranges plonk you back in a David-esque place – tiny, insignificant and no match to the stalwarts. The camp-cum-lodge at Viraatkhai has been christened ‘Room on the Roof ‘as an ode to the author, Ruskin Bond, who lives in the folds of the same region. Also, here you are bound to feel like the King of peaks and crags of the mountains. If you’re an out-of-action King, that’s even better. You can just sit and relax.
|Deluxe Rooms||Rs 4500|
|Deluxe Rooms – Extra Bed||Rs 1225|
|Deluxe Tents||Rs 2500|
|Deluxe Tents – Extra Bed||Rs 875|
GST Extra Included
Breakfast / Common area tea complimentary
Viraatkhai (Chakrata), Uttarakhand (75km from Dehradun )
Around the Year
1850m / 6068ft
- Located 310 kms from Delhi / 75 kms from Dehradun / 100 kms from Saharanpur / 55 kms from Mussoorie
- For travel to the camp, a combination of train/air and road travel is recommended.
- The closest railway station to the camp is Haridwar and there are a number of trains that connect to Haridwar from all over the country.
- For train details, you could log on to indianrail.gov.in
- For online railway ticket bookings you could log on to irctc.co.in.
- For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (at Dehradun) and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, etc.
- If you require assistance in booking, do get in touch with us.
- From Dehradun/Saharanpur/Delhi, we could organise a vehicle for you that would remain with you throughout your trip.
- Distance from nearest Airport: 101 kms (Dehradun – Jolly Grant Airport)
- Distance from nearest Railway Station: 75 kms (Haridwar)