Room on the Roof – Viraatkhai (Chakrata), is nestled in a valley with a spectacular view of the Doon Valley with views stretching as far as Dehradun and Mussoorie. Room on the Roof is located at an altitude of 1850 m (6100 ft) and this ensures a cool and comfortable climate all year round. This lodgeis located in Uttarakhand state and is easily approachable from Delhi (8 hrs drive) or is just a short 2 hrs drive from Dehradun or a 3 hrs drive from Saharanpur. With minimum inhabitation all around this camp in Chakrata is a quiet getaway for anyone looking to remove themselves from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
- Great weather. Even in peak of summers the weather here is very pleasant
- Trip full of white water with plenty of II to III+ class rapids
Exciting rafting on Ganga & Yamuna with scenic river landscape
ACTION on river with lots of water activities like Duckie rides (inflatable kayaks), kayaking (hard shells), swimming, splashing, surfing, cliff jumping, river crossing
- Ducky trip – Katapathar to Dakpathar through Class I & II rapids
Other activities Hiking, Stream walk, Rappelling & Zip line
- Super location of the camp & great views all around. So close yet one gets a feel of being in a remote mountain place
- • Any meals or services not mentioned above
- • Bottled water, beverages etc.
- • Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- • Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- • Insurance
- Accommodation: In comfortable trekking tents on single/double occupancy for 2 nights as per package taken
- Food: Veg/Non-Veg meals. All meals beginning with breakfast on Day 1 to lunch on the day 3. Lunch is vegetarian and dinner would have a non-vegetarian dish.
- Morning & evening Tea/Coffee & cookies/snacks to be served
- 2 big rafting stretches on the Ganga & Yamuna as mentioned in the itinerary
- Duckie (inflatable kayak) trip on the Yamuna as per itinerary
- Experienced instructors, safety kayakers & state-of-the-art equipment to ensure maximum safety
- Bonfire in the nights
- First aid kit (our guides are certified in handling first aid situations)
TRANSPORT TARIFF INCLUDES
Do keep in mind that transport is a very critical component of your trek. This aspect is most often not given proper attention and can result in lot of discomfort especially in the mountains. We provide transfers to get you to the starting point and back as comfortably and in as less time as possible for you to enjoy the trip. We only use quality vehicles like Tempo Traveller, Mahindra Xylo, Mahindra Bolero, etc. The transport tariff includes all driver charges, fuel, parking, toll and taxes.
TRIP PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Liquor, soft drinks, bottled water, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, etc.
- Any services / meals not mentioned above
- All applicable taxes