We challenge you to take your eyes off the emerald coloured Tehri Lake in the distance on a clear day. And if it happens to be cloudy, even better. The large mouthed valley in front of your cottage is sure to fill up with cottony clouds that spill in and out of the sprawling bowl of mountains like a chemistry experiment. In truth, you’re as far from laboratories as you can be. In Sursingdhar, it’s nature’s experiments gone right.
The Tehri Retreat in the Himalayan village of Sursingdhar is the perfect remedy for jaded city souls. The first and most effective antidote is the view of the Himalayan Peaks right from your window – even the second highest mountain, Nanda Devi, graces the lodge with a stunning view.
Sursingdhar (New Tehri), Uttarakhand (68km from Rishikesh)
Around the Year
1950m / 6396ft
- Located 300 kms from Delhi / 65 kms from Rishikesh / 90 kms from Haridwar
- 10 Deluxe rooms, 10 Luxury rooms and 5 Family Cottages overlooking the valley
- A Selection of Experiences designed just for you: Adventure, Health & Fitness, Cultural, Leisure or Learning a New Skill
- Restaurant with a majestic view of the Himalayas and the Tehri Lake
- Barbecue & light music in the evenings
- Games like chess, carom, beach volleyball, cricket, etc.
- Easy train/air connections available between Delhi and Dehradun / Haridwar
- Hot multi-cuisine meals served buffet style
- Conference facilities
- Cozy relaxation areas with wonderful views
- For travel to the camp, a combination of train/air and road travel is recommended.
- The closest railway station to the camp is Haridwar and there are a number of trains that connect to Haridwar from all over the country.
- For train details, you could log on to www.indianrail.gov.in
- For online railway ticket bookings you could log on to www.irctc.co.in.
- For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (at Dehradun) and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, etc.
- If you require assistance in booking, do get in touch with us.
- From Haridwar/Dehradun/Delhi, we could organise a vehicle for you that would remain with you throughout your trip.
- Distance from nearest Airport: 89km (Dehradun – Jolly Grant Airport)
- Distance from nearest Railway Station: 88km (Haridwar)