Location: Himalayan High – Auli
Pick a skill: Is your quest for adventure beyond just having fun? Broaden your horizons with complete knowledge and the right skills with our basic instructional courses. Learn these wonderful skills with our experts while you enjoy your stay:
Rock & Rope Skills: Here you will be made familiar with the equipment & the sport. Also, these sessions are on the correct technique to be practiced. This will be followed by multiple sessions of each activity, done over a period of 2 days, broken down into 3 – 4 sessions.
- Rappelling: There’s a lot to rappelling than just making a controlled slide down from the rock. This course incorporates essential rappelling techniques like creating safe anchors, tying strong knots, rope management and much more.
- Rock climbing: Our qualified guide will help you with learning and practicing proper techniques for rock climbing. Starting from the basic foot grips and hand grips to helping you develop your own style.
- Tree Jumaring: Learn the skill of climbing up a rope on a tree with the aid of Jumars. This rope exercise is quite popular among children and adventure lovers.
- Bouldering: Doing away with ropes and harnesses, and simply taking the aid of climbing shoes, a bag of chalks and a safety mat will make for this activity on a whole. Pick this skill as a it is great exercise to test your brain work and mettle.
- Valley Traverse – Suspended in the air, fly like a bird attached to ropes on two ends. During the activity you will catch a glimpse of the magnificent Himalayan panorma, in a bird’s eye view.
Duration: Half Day Session for 2 days
During the activity the following will be provided:
- A qualified trainer
- All the gear and essentials required for these sports
- First aid box
Please remember to carry the following:
- Rock climbing shoes (should be snug not tight)
- Quick dry comfortable clothes which do not restrict you
Who is this activity meant for?
Anyone who is keen to learn apt skills to enjoy these adventure sports.[/su_spoiler]
Note: This Activity is currently available only if you are our guest at Himalayan Eco Lodge Auli