Location: Camp Chalkot – Chopta
Activity description: What fun is a day in the wilderness when you do not come across the locals that inhabit it? We spend a few hours in the Makku village, walking through the fields, strolling past traditionally made homes with flat stone roofs, may be even a longer dander with the kids from the village. It is a great way to see local life at close quarters.
Trail: Chalkot – Makku Village(Drive/ 1 hour) – Lodge (Drive/ 1 hour)
- Get to know a new culture and way of life
- Enjoy an easy hike around Makku village.
- Get to know the names of different kinds of trees, plantations and birds
- Visit the local temples: learn about their beliefs, legends, local deities, role of temples in everyday life
- Farm visits: Take a stroll in the farms, speak to the farmers to understand how they grow and manage crops
- Enjoy a hot cup of tea at a native’s place.
Activity Location: Makku Village
Note: This Activity is currently available only if you are our Guest either at Himalayan Eco Lodge Camp Chalkot – Chopta