Location: Orchard Guesthouse – Prini (Manali)
Here’s giving you a plethora of sightseeing options that Manali offers. To gain more insights about the place let’s explore the following:
Activity Highlights and Location:
Option 1: Naggar
- Altitude: 2047 m/6715 ft
- Drive: Lodge – Naggar –Lodge
A quick 45 minutes drive from our guest house leads to the beautiful hamlet of Naggar (2047 m/6715 ft). Driving amidst apple orchards, Deodar forest and fleeting by quaint hamlet of Sajla, you will plunge into the beauty of Himachal countryside. Look out for:
- The soulful Gauri Shankar Temple
- The ancient glory of Naggar castle
- Nicholas Roerich Art Gallery
- A short trek to Krishan temple (15-20 minutes)
Option 2: Manali on wheels
- Drive: Manali Mall road- Hadimba- Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art- Manu temple- Old Manali- Nature park
A quick 15 to 20 minutes drive from the guesthouse leads to the vibrant Manali Mall road. Get a flavour of local shopping or just stroll the lively market lanes.
Next we head towards exploring the ancient Hadimba temple. It is just a 5 to 10 minutes drive from the Mall road. After climbing a well paved path for around 10-15 minutes, we discover the ancient cave temple dedicated to Hadimbi devi.
Close to the temple is the Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art. This museum is a unique collection of rare antiques of the state. It restores the almost forgotten culture, art, and handicraft of Himachal Pradesh.
Driving further for 25-30 minutes, via Old Manali, we reach the beautiful Manu temple, dedicated to sage Manu. The temple presents a great view of the mountains and river Beas.
Climaxing this beautiful sightseeing tour is Old Manali, which is just a 10-15 minutes away from Manu temple. We will explore the gypsy vibrance and great food with live music here. You may also choose to stroll through the localmarket to explore further.
If time permits, you may also choose to take a short nature hike in Manali nature park . The park is set amidst great Deodar trees and runs parallel to the free flowing Beas river.
Option 3: Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley
- Altitude: 3979 m/13054 ft
- Drive:Lodge – Rohtang Pass -Solang Pass -Lodge
Rohtang Pass: This 3 to 4 hours drive (53 km) from our guest house to Rohtang Pass will be an unforgettable one! Rohtang Pass is a high altitude Pass ((3979 m/13054 ft) where not only witnessing the Pass is worth it, but also the journey to the Pass will keep you awestruck. Once served as a crucial trade route, it still remains the gateway to the districts of Lahaul and Spiti. The Pass is open from mid April to November.
En route the Pass there is a small water body near a beautiful vantage point. We can stop here to relax in the water for some time and have maggi. When we reach the Pass, be ready to be blown away with fluttering prayer flags and the spectacular mountain view.
Slide on a glacier, which is just 15-20 minutes drive from the Pass, or play in the snow, enjoy the landscape or climb up a beautiful vantage point, Rohtang Pass is a treasure to be explored!
Solang Valley: Solang Valley, locally known as Solang Nullah, is renowned as the preferred location for adventure activities in Himachal Pradesh. A beautiful drive from Rohtang Pass to Solang Valley for 1 to 2 hours via Manali Leh Highway will be an incredible experience. The valley offers the view of glaciers and snow capped mountains and peaks.
For those who love the rush of adrenaline; there is no place better than Solang in Kullu Valley to indulge in paragliding/skiing (optional). Lush green slopes in summers turn into a white sheet of snow in winters with spectacular mountain view.
There are small dhabas where you can relish great food!
- We also have a full day experience dedicated to Rohtang Pass and Solang Valley, for which we suggest to leave early in the morning by 6:00 am.
- Paragliding/skiing in Solang Valley is optional. You can opt for it on your own, when we visit Solang. This is not an integrated part of the experience menu.
Option 4: Vashisht
Altitude: 2,050 m/6,730 ft
Drive: Lodge – Vashisht – Lodge
The colourful hamlet of Vashist (2,050 m/6,730 ft), is just 3 kms from Manali, which is a quick 20-25 minutes drive from our lodge. It is renowned for its Hot Water Springs and Temple. The village is also the site of some old temples, dedicated to the great sage Vashisht, and to Lord Rama.
Natural Hot Sulphur Water Springs with two separate bathing tanks for Gents and Ladies. Turkish Style Showers fitted baths have also been built nearby. Hot water from the nearby Spring is provided for bathing.
In case you wish trek up to the beautiful Jogni waterfall, we also recommend a short day trek. The starting point of this trek is Vashisht.
Option 5: Manali walk tour: The best way to grasp the soul of a place is to explore it on foot!
Tour Map: Prini (guest house)- Manali mall road ( 30-45 minutes walk)- Hadimba temple (10 -15 minutes)-Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art (5 minutes) Manu temple (1 hour via old Manali)- return to Old Manali(half an hour)-Manali nature park (5-10 minutes)
- A beautiful walk along river Beas leads to the lively streets of Manali (2050m/ 6725 ft). Tourist buzz and lots of local shopping adds to the colours of Manali.
- We now head towards the ancient Hadimba temple on foot. After climbing a well paved path, we discover the ancient cave temple dedicated to Hadimbi devi.
- Close to the temple is the Museum of Himachal Culture and Folk Art. This museum is a unique collection of rare antiques of the state. It restores the almost forgotten culture, art, and handicraft of Himachal Pradesh.
- Walking further for one hour, passing by the high spirited lanes of old Manali, we reach the beautiful Manu temple, which is dedicated to sage Manu. The temple presents a great view of the mountains and river Beas.
- Climaxing this beautiful exploration is Old Manali. We will explore the gypsy vibrance and great food with live music here. You may also choose to stroll through the local market for to explore further.
- If time permits, you may also choose to take a short nature hike in Manali nature park . The park is set amidst great Deodar trees and runs parallel to the free flowing Beas river.
Duration: The duration for all these activities is different
Option 1: 4 to 5 hours
Option 2: 4 to 5 hours
Option 3: 6 to 7 hours
Option 4: 2 to 3 hours
Option 5: 5 to 6 hours
- Summers: 10:00 AM – 7.00 PM
- Winters: 9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
- For the above options, the Guide charges per day = Rs 1000
- For Transfers, Transport can also be arranged by us.
During the activity the following will be provided:
- Packed lunch
- First aid box
Please remember to carry the following:
- Comfortable Trekking/Hiking shoes (shoes with a thick sole are recommended)
- Water bottle
- Sun glasses
- Medicines, if requiring any specific medication
- Day pack/small bag which you will carry on your back every day and keep your essentials in it
- Camera if you like (with fully charged batteries)
Who can take this activity?
Anyone interested in exploring the sightseeing options.
Note: This Activity is currently available only if you are our guest at Orchard Guesthouse, Prini, Manali