Location: Camp Chalkot – Chopta
Pick a skill: Is your quest for adventure beyond just having fun? Broaden your horizons with complete knowledge and the right skills with our basic instructional courses. Learn these wonderful skills with our experts while you enjoy your stay:
Rock & Rope Skills: Here you will be made familiar with the equipment & the sport. Also, these sessions are on the correct technique to be practiced. This will be followed by multiple sessions of each activity, done over a period of 2 days, broken down into 3 – 4 sessions.
- Rappelling – The technique of descending down a steep slope secured by a rope, coiled around one’s body from above, is a charged up exercise for the adventure seekers.
- Bouldering – Doing away with ropes and harnesses, and simply taking the aid of climbing shoes, a bag of chalks and a safety mat will make for this activity on a whole. It is great exercise to test your brain work and mettle.
- Tree Jumaring – Involves climbing up a rope on a tree with the aid of Jumars. This rope exercise is quite popular among children and adventure lovers. This activity can also be conducted within the lodge vicinity.
- Valley Traverse – Suspended in the air, fly like a bird attached to ropes on two ends. During the activity you will catch a glimpse of the valley, in a bird’s eye view. For this activity one could join the experts within the lodge premises or walk till the Kakragad pools in a 5 minute walk.
- Bridge Slithering – This activity can be done by jumping from a bridge, while slithering down a rope. The activity has its own adrenaline rush for the adventure seekers.
- River Crossing – Primarily a group activity, river crossing is done from one end of the river bank to the other. This activity is a wonderful opportunity to foster co-operation among the members of the team!
Note: This Activity is currently available only if you are our Guest either at Himalayan Eco Lodge Camp Chalkot – Chopta