Camp Chalkot is a beautiful secluded retreat in the woods. It’s a picture perfect setting! Situated on a huge grassy meadow with forest on all sides and captivating valley and mountain views all around. It’s a Paradise for photographers. You will be enthralled by the symphony of throughout your stay. The brook flowing by the camp and thick forest make our campsite very tempting for birds as well as avid nature lovers.
It is the perfect base for trekking to Tungnath, Chandrashilla peak & Deoriatal. The starting point of all these treks is very close to the campsite.
Camp Chalkot offers Unique Outdoor Experiences to people of all persuasions for the kind of holiday they want to spend there:
Adventure Experiences for those who want a dash of thrill in their holidays with experiences like Trekking, Rope Activities, Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Valley Crossing, Jumaring and so on
Leisure Experiences for those who want to have an easy, relaxed, rejuvenating time in the hills like picnics, long walks, sightseeing…
Cultural Experiences for those who want to get to know the land and the people like Chai in the Village, Temple Visits, Village Visits
Health & Fitness Experiences for those who need to either get back in shape or want to get even fitter are in the right place with activities like yoga,
Pick a Skill – Learn the right technique for Outdoor Activities like Rope Activities, Rock Climbing, Rappelling, Valley Crossing, Jumaring and so on
Chalkot, Chopta, Rudpraprayag, Uttrakhand
Around the Year
- Below the Chopta meadows lies a big turn on the road famously known as ‘Makku Bend’. Here there is a cluster of 2 – 3 dhabas (eating joints). Take a right from this place and drive for about 3.5 kms towards the sheep farm, just after the farm is the entrance to our campsite on the right. From the road side one will be required to walk down about 150 mts through the forest to reach Camp Chalkot. Nearest railhead/airport/bus station are in Rishikesh/Haridwar/Dehradun. Jolly grant airport and Haridwar railway station are connected very well with major cities of the countryDehradun/Haridwar – Rishikesh – Devprayag – Rudraprayag – Ukhimath – Makku Bend – Campa ChalkotCamp is roughly around 198 kms from Rishikesh and it takes about 7 hours to drive till here from RishikeshCamp Facilities
- There are 20 Swiss tents with cots inside each at the campsite. 10 tents have 2 cots each while the other 10 have 3 cots in the tent. Cots come with thick and comfortable mattress and a clean bed sheet. We also provide sleeping bags but guests are welcome to bring their own
- We also have 10 ‘A’ shaped trekking tents. Each can accommodate 2 adults or 3 – 4 children. We provide trekking sleeping mats and sleeping bags inside each. Guests are welcome to bring their own
- There are 9 common toilets with English seats and running water. 5 out of these are for men while the remaining 4 are for ladies
- There are 2 shower tents with running cold water. Hot water is provided in buckets
- There is a big mess tent which can seat about 40 – 50 people inside
- Kitchen team at the campsite will provide freshly prepared hot meals along with morning & evening tea/coffee
- First aid box
Camp Chalkot is an eco friendly camping facility in the middle of complete wilderness. We provide only essential facilities and try to make you as comfortable as possible
- There is no electricity at the camp. Please carry flashlights with you
- Only BSNL Mobile networks works at the campsite and this too irregularly. In case of emergency there we drive for 10 minutes to reach an area where most networks work. For charging phones carry battery packs
- For drinking water we have a source of natural water which we tap for drinking purpose. This water is boiled and filtered and then served to guests
- For travel to the camp, a combination of train/air and road travel is recommended.
- The closest railway station to the camp is Haridwar and there are a number of trains that connect to Haridwar from all over the country.
- For train details, you could log on to indianrail.gov.in
- For online railway ticket bookings you could log on to irctc.co.in.
- For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (at Dehradun) and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, etc.
- If you require assistance in booking, do get in touch with us.
- From Haridwar/Dehradun/Delhi, we could organise a vehicle for you that would remain with you throughout your trip.
- Distance from nearest Airport: approx 205 kms (Dehradun airport jolly grant)
- Distance from nearest Railway Station: Approx 185 kms (Haridwar)