Camp High 5
Camp High 5, GIO Adventure’s premier riverside camp stands on the banks of the River Alaknanda at Jayalgarh (Uttarakhand). Far from the bustle of popular touristy destinations yet conveniently close to a rail head and airport, Himalayan Eco Lodges, Jayalgarh is ideally located for the urbanite who loves nature. In addition to easy connectivity, Jayalgarh camp is the perfect setting for someone looking for a relaxing holiday in the spectacular setting or for the activity junkie who is looking for an activity-filled day followed by relaxed evenings by the riverside under the star-spangled sky. Many an hour can be spent with a book by the riverside coupled with short nature walks along the riverside or into the forests that surround the camp.
Camp High 5 offers Unique Outdoor Experiences to people of all persuasions for the kind of holiday they want to spend there:
Adventure Experiences for those who want a dash of thrill in their holidays with experiences like Trekking, Rafting, Kayaking, Rope Activities, Rock Climbing, Cycling and so on
Leisure Experiences for those who want to have an easy, relaxed, rejuvenating time in the hills like picnics, long walks, sightseeing…
Cultural Experiences for those who want to get to know the land and the people like Chai in the Village, Temple Visits, Village Visits
Health & Fitness Experiences for those who need to either get back in shape or want to get even fitter are in the right place with activities like yoga,
Pick a Skill – Learn the right technique for Outdoor Activities like Rafting, Climbing, Kayaking, Rope Activities
Jayalgarh(Srinagar), Uttarakhand (90km from Rishikesh)
Around the Year
- Located 320 kms from Delhi / 110 kms from Haridwar & Dehradun / 90 kms from Rishikesh
- Easy train/air connections available between Delhi and Haridwar/Dehradun
- A Selection of Experiences designed just for you: Adventure, Health & Fitness, Cultural, Leisure or Learning a New Skill
- Hot multi-cuisine meals apart morning and evening Tea/Coffee with Cookies .
- Riverside restaurant area
- Bonfire, Barbecue & light music
- 24×7 Electricity (with generator backup)
- Ensuite constructed washrooms
- 12 Deluxe Swiss cottage tents with attached built-up running water washrooms. These are large Swiss cottage tents (12′ x 12′) with all creature comforts, customized wooden furniture, comfortable bedding, coffee table, relaxation chairs, luggage racks, ambient lighting and so on. There is running hot water that is provided through solar water heaters.
- 1 Large Dining/Banqueting area facing the river.
- Conference facilities
- Large relaxation areas by the river with magnificent views under a canopy of trees
- Games like chess, carom, beach volleyball, cricket, etc.
- For travel to the camp, a combination of train/air and road travel is recommended.
- The closest railway station to the camp is Haridwar and there are a number of trains that connect to Haridwar from all over the country.
- For train details, you could log on to indianrail.gov.in
- For online railway ticket bookings you could log on to irctc.co.in.
- For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (at Dehradun) and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, etc.
- If you require assistance in booking, do get in touch with us.
- From Haridwar/Dehradun/Delhi, we could organise a vehicle for you that would remain with you throughout your trip.
- Distance from nearest Airport: 111 kms (Dehradun airport jolly grant)
- Distance from nearest Railway Station: 110 kms (Haridwar)