Room on the Roof
Room on the Roof – Viraatkhai (Chakrata), is nestled in a valley with a spectacular view of the Doon Valley with views stretching as far as Dehradun and Mussoorie. Room on the Roof is located at an altitude of 1850 m (6100 ft) and this ensures a cool and comfortable climate all year round. This lodgeis located in Uttarakhand state and is easily approachable from Delhi (8 hrs drive) or is just a short 2 hrs drive from Dehradun or a 3 hrs drive from Saharanpur. With minimum inhabitation all around this camp in Chakrata is a quiet getaway for anyone looking to remove themselves from the hustle and bustle of urban life.
Room on the Roof offers Unique Outdoor Activities to people of all persuasions for the kind of holiday they want to spend there:
Adventure Activities for those who want a dash of thrill in their holidays with experiences like Trekking, Rafting, Kayaking, Rope Activities, Rock Climbing, Cycling and so on
Leisure Activities for those who want to have an easy, relaxed, rejuvenating time in the hills like picnics, long walks, sightseeing…
Cultural Activities for those who want to get to know the land and the people like Chai in the Village, Temple Visits, Village Visits
Health & Fitness Activities for those who need to either get back in shape or want to get even fitter are in the right place with activities like yoga,
Pick a Skill – Learn the right technique for Outdoor Activities like Rafting, Climbing, Kayaking, Rope Activities
Viraatkhai (Chakrata), Uttarakhand (75km from Dehradun )
Around the Year
1850m / 6068ft
- Located 310 kms from Delhi / 75 kms from Dehradun / 100 kms from Saharanpur / 55 kms from Mussoorie
- 11 Deluxe Swiss cottage tents with attached running water washrooms. These are large Swiss cottage tents with all creature comforts, customized wooden furniture, comfortable bedding, coffee table, relaxation chairs, luggage racks, ambient lighting and so on
- A Selection of Experiences designed just for you: Adventure, Health & Fitness, Cultural, Leisure or Learning a New Skill
- Hot multi-cuisine meals apart morning and evening Tea/Coffee with Cookies .
- Conference facilities
- Cozy relaxation areas with wonderful views
- Easy train/air connections available between Delhi and Dehradun / Saharanpur
- 15 Superior Swiss Tents with attached running water washroom tents. These tents are furnished with camp cots, comfortable bedding and quilts
- Restaurant with a majestic valley view
- Bonfire, Barbecue & light music
- 24×7 Electricity (with generator backup)
- Games like chess, carom, beach volleyball, cricket, etc.
- For travel to the camp, a combination of train/air and road travel is recommended.
- The closest railway station to the camp is Haridwar and there are a number of trains that connect to Haridwar from all over the country.
- For train details, you could log on to indianrail.gov.in
- For online railway ticket bookings you could log on to irctc.co.in.
- For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (at Dehradun) and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, etc.
- If you require assistance in booking, do get in touch with us.
- From Dehradun/Saharanpur/Delhi, we could organise a vehicle for you that would remain with you throughout your trip.
- Distance from nearest Airport: 101 kms (Dehradun – Jolly Grant Airport)
- Distance from nearest Railway Station: 75 kms (Haridwar)