Tehri Retreat, Sursingdhar is a perfect base for a holiday – with stunning views of the Himalayan peaks (including India’s second highest peak, Nanda Devi) and the emerald waters of the Tehri Lake coupled with the cool weather throughout the year. It does not get any better than this.
The close proximity to Haridwar also ensures that getting here is a breeze and once you get to the lodge the beauty of its surrounding is sure to have you captivated for a long time to come. Sursingdhar lodge is located in pristine surroundings and has a Pine forest all around with distant views of the valleys of Tehri Garhwal.Sursingdhar Lodge is your best bet from the pool of New Tehri hotels, in terms of the classic hill interiors, homely feeling, off beat location, heartfelt hospitality and much more.
Tehri Retreat offers Unique Outdoor Experiences to people of all persuasions for the kind of holiday they want to spend there:
Adventure Experiences for those who want a dash of thrill in their holidays with experiences like Trekking, Rafting, Kayaking, Rope Activities, Rock Climbing, Cycling and so on
Leisure Experiences for those who want to have an easy, relaxed, rejuvenating time in the hills like picnics, long walks, sightseeing…
Cultural Experiences for those who want to get to know the land and the people like Chai in the Village, Temple Visits, Village Visits
Health & Fitness Experiences for those who need to either get back in shape or want to get even fitter are in the right place with activities like yoga,
Pick a Skill – Learn the right technique for Outdoor Activities like Rafting, Climbing, Kayaking, Rope Activities
Sursingdhar (New Tehri), Uttarakhand (68km from Rishikesh)
Around the Year
1950m / 6396ft
- Located 300 kms from Delhi / 65 kms from Rishikesh / 90 kms from Haridwar
- 10 Deluxe rooms, 10 Luxury rooms and 5 Family Cottages overlooking the valley
- A Selection of Experiences designed just for you: Adventure, Health & Fitness, Cultural, Leisure or Learning a New Skill
- Restaurant with a majestic view of the Himalayas and the Tehri Lake
- Barbecue & light music in the evenings
- Games like chess, carom, beach volleyball, cricket, etc.
- Easy train/air connections available between Delhi and Dehradun / Haridwar
- Hot multi-cuisine meals served buffet style
- Conference facilities
- Cozy relaxation areas with wonderful views
- For travel to the camp, a combination of train/air and road travel is recommended.
- The closest railway station to the camp is Haridwar and there are a number of trains that connect to Haridwar from all over the country.
- For train details, you could log on to www.indianrail.gov.in
- For online railway ticket bookings you could log on to www.irctc.co.in.
- For air travel, the closest airport is the Jolly Grant Airport (at Dehradun) and is well connected to Delhi and other parts of the country by Air India, Jet Airways, Kingfisher Airlines, etc.
- If you require assistance in booking, do get in touch with us.
- From Haridwar/Dehradun/Delhi, we could organise a vehicle for you that would remain with you throughout your trip.
- Distance from nearest Airport: 89km (Dehradun – Jolly Grant Airport)
- Distance from nearest Railway Station: 88km (Haridwar)