Verdant Valley Kund
Located in the lush green Mandakini valley, the Himalayan Eco Lodge Kund, is one of the most spectacular locations for a fun-filled holiday. The life giving waters of the mystical Mandakini cut a wide swath through valley, washing over rocks and boulders on their relentless journey to meet the Alakhnanda at Rudraprayag. From Himalayan Eco lodgekund,one gets a wonderful view of the snow clad Kedar peak that forms the backdrop of the Kedarnath temple. This valley is steeped in history and mythology and the temples that dot this area stand as the living testimonials to its rich culture and tradition.
Himalayan Eco Lodge Kund offers Unique Outdoor Experiences to people of all persuasions for the kind of holiday they want to spend there:
Adventure Experiences for those who want a dash of thrill in their holidays with experiences like Trekking, Rafting, Kayaking, Rope Activities, Rock Climbing, Cycling and so on
Leisure Experiences for those who want to have an easy, relaxed, rejuvenating time in the hills like picnics, long walks, sightseeing…
Cultural Experiences for those who want to get to know the land and the people like Chai in the Village, Temple Visits, Village Visits
Health & Fitness Experiences for those who need to either get back in shape or want to get even fitter are in the right place with activities like yoga,
Pick a Skill – Learn the right technique for Outdoor Activities like Rafting, Climbing, Kayaking, Rope Activities
Kund, Uttarakhand (195km from Haridwar)
Around the Year
- Located 410 kms from Delhi / 170 kms from Rishikesh / 195 kms from Haridwar
- A convenient deluxe stop enroute to the Kedarnath temple (The lodge is 12 kms from Guptkashi and 40 kms before Gaurikund from where the trek to Kedarnath begins)
- 3 Deluxe Tents
- Restaurant with a majestic view of the Kedar Peak
- The lush green (or snow covered in winters) meadows of Chopta are a stone’s throw away. This is a beautiful site for nature walks and day picnics
- There are a number of ancient beautiful temples that dot this area and include Kedarnath, Tungnath (the highest Shiva shrine in the world), Trituginarayan, Guptkashi, Madhyamaheshwar, Ukhimath, etc.
- Cozy relaxation areas with wonderful views
- Easy train/air connections available between Delhi and Haridwar
- 12 Deluxe rooms with creature comforts and a large sitout/balcony with sweeping views of the Himalayas from every room.
- Hot multi-cuisine meals served buffet style
- Conference facilities
- Deoriatal (a beautiful high altitude lake, is a short drive and 1.5 hrs trek from the lodge
- Barbecue & light music in the evenings
- Games like chess, carom, beach volleyball, cricket, etc.
Verdant Valley, Kund
TripAdvisor Traveller Rating